Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jeff Specials

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jeff Specials

Ingredients:

Honey graham crackers
Creamy peanut butter
Hershey's special dark chocolate chips
Milk

Directions:

1.  Remove 2 full graham crackers from the box and gently lay them down on a plate.

2.  Spread the desired amount of peanut butter over each graham cracker.

3.  Sprinkle each graham cracker with chocolate chips.

4.  Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy!

My father died this past May, and in honor of his memory, I am sharing the recipe to his daily dessert.

Every night after dinner, my father would make his way over to the pantry and take out the box of honey graham crackers, the jar of creamy peanut butter, and bag of Hershey's special dark chocolate chips.

He then would delicately remove to graham crackers from the box and set them down on his plate.  He spread the perfect amount of peanut butter over each graham cracker, and sprinkle the dark chocolate chips on top.

He would bring his "special" over to the table, along with a fresh glass of skim milk to follow each bite he took.

This creation became a staple in my house, and famous among my family.

My mom, sister, and I continue to make this delicious dessert.  I know my daddy would is smiling over us and continuing to eat a "special" every night, wherever he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment